WB OBC Certificate Apply Online Process: West Bengal Backward Class Welfare Department provides the OBC/ST/OBC certification to the backward classes. In India people have been divided into different classes and this division has been done on the basis of caste. Due to this caste system, oppression of lower caste people increases and they are kept away from basic units like education, jobs and prosperous life.
To stop the casteism system, the government of West Bengal has started West Bengal Caste Certificate for the backward class people of the state. Basically, the department provides equality among the oppressed classes to enhance the quality of life. The Government of West Bengal, Backward Class Welfare Department has to be set for the sustainable development for the backward classes to uplift them. Here, through this article, we will diOBCuss West Bengal OBC Certificate Apply Online Process in 2022.
READ ALSO:- OBC Certificate Status Checking Process
OBC Certificate Apply Online
|OBCheme Name||West Bengal Caste Certificate (OBC/OBC/ST)|
|Organization||West Bengal, Backward Class Welfare Department|
|Beneficiaries||Backward Class Citizens of West Bengal|
|Objective||Providing Caste Certificate|
WB Caste (OBC) Certificate Benefits?
This caste certificate has many advantages. If you have a OBC Certificate, you can get all the benefits mentioned below-
- An OBC Certificate can be used to get a reserved seat in a OBChool or college.
- OBC Certificate holders candidates can get reserved seats for competitive examinations and OBCholarships.
- The Government and Private organizations have reserved seats for the backward candidates for jobs.
- Home sites are allocated for people with OBC certificates.
- Cast Certificates holders also can get the advantage to use the land granted by the government of India.
- Also, the Cast Certificates holders can stand for elections.
Required Documents For OBC Certificate
Some documents are required for an individual who want to apply for OBC Certificate. The required documents are mentioned below-
- Identity Proof like PAN card, Driving License, etc.
- Address Proof like Adhar Card, Voter ID, Electricity/water bill, ration card, etc.
- Passport size photocopy
- Domicile certificate of West Bengal
- Income Certificate
OBC Certificate Apply Online Process
- Candidates who want to apply online for OBC Certificate must visit the official website State Backward Class welfare portal.
- Now click on the link mentioned, “Apply For Caste Certificate Online”.
- Now registered yourself with your email id and phone number and login into your account.
- Fill in your entire details like name, age, contact details, religion, etc.
- Verify your details and hit the submit button.
- In the next step, you have to upload the scanned copy of your original documents.
- After the submission of the application, you will receive an acknowledgment slip that you can download and save for the future.
- Also, save the application number to check the status of your online application.
- Once the verification process is done you will get an email or SMS that your OBC Certificate is ready.
- Now visit your nearest block development office and collect your OBC certificate.
OBC Certificate Status Checking Process In 2022
The applicants can check their OBC application from the official website. Just follow these simple steps in order to check your OBC certificate online status –
- Visit the official website of the Backward Classes Welfare Department.
- On the homepage you will find the link for Application Status Check.
- Click on the link and a new page will be opened.
- Now enter your Application No and click on search button.
You can use these contacts to know any type of question and information, contact details are given below: –
- Email ID – email@example.com
- Address- Backward Classes Welfare Department
- DJ-4, Sector-II, Administrative Building, SDO Bidhannagar, 4th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091