PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) 2022: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is a central government scheme which is launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014. प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना is a Financial inclusion programs to provide easy access to financial services such as Insurance, Pension, Remittance, Credit, Savings and Deposit Accounts to poor and needy section of our society. The purpose of PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is to connect people of all sectors with the banking system.
As per the latest data of the Ministry of Finance, the number of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana accounts under the scheme has reached 44.23 crores. Under PMJDY, individuals can open zero balance account. However, A minimum of balance is required to access to the check facility by the individuals. No charge will be levied on the individual for opening an account under the PMJDY scheme.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
About PM Jan Dhan Yojana
The central government of India, Shri Narendra Modi had launched a scheme called as Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana in 2014. Under प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना, people can access to financial services such as Insurance, Pension, Remittance, Credit, Savings and Deposit Accounts. Under PMJDY, individuals can open zero balance account. However, A minimum of balance is required to access to the check facility by the individuals. No charge will be levied on the individual for opening an account under the PMJDY scheme.
PMJDY Eligibility Criteria
In order to open प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना account, individuals must follow the given criteria mentioned below –
- Applicant must be a permanent citizen of India.
- Applicant must be at least 10 years of age.
- Applicant should not have a bank account.
Required Documents For PMJDY
Here is the list of some of the important documents that you required to open PMJDY Account –
- A Photo Copy
- Identity Card
- PAN Card
- NREGA issued Job Card.
- Driving licence
- Voter ID
PM Jan Dhan Yojana Bank List
Private Sector Banks:
- Dhanalaxmi Bank Ltd.
- YES Bank Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- ING Vysya Bank Ltd.
- IndusInd Bank Ltd.
- Federal Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
Public Sector Banks:
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- Union Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank
- Dena Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Indian Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Canara Bank
- Bank of India (BoI)
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda (BoB)
- State Bank of India (SBI)
Benefits of the PMJDY Scheme
Here is some of the benefits & key features of PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) 2022 mentioned below –
- Account holders can check their balance by using there mobile banking system.
- Interest is paid on deposits made for savings accounts opened under the scheme.
- Under PMJDY, individuals can open zero balance account.
- Under the RuPay scheme individuals get accidental insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh.
- An overdraft (OD) facility up to Rs. 10,000 to eligible account holders is available.
How to Open PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) 2022?
In order to apply for प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना, you need to follow these simple steps below –
- First, go to the official website i.e. https://www.pmjdy.gov.in/scheme
- On the homepage you will find the PMJDY Application Form.
- Download the form and fill in it with your details.
- Now submit it along with the necessary documents.