Check Status on Driving License: If you want to run a vehicle on road then you must have a driving licence to legally drive in India. The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 states that no person shall be allowed to drive a motor vehicle in public places without a valid driving license. Drive a vehicle without license is a punishable offence.
In India, it is very easy procedure to apply for a driving licence. If have already applied for a Driving Licence, you can check the status of the driving license online. The driving licence status checking process is simple and can be completed within minutes. You can also visit the respective RTO Offices with your token number to check your driving licence status.
What is Driving License?
A Driving License is a legal authorization, or official document confirming such authorization, for a specific person to drive one or more types of motorized vehicles—such as motorcycles, cars, trucks, or buses—on public roads. The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 states that no person shall be allowed to drive a motor vehicle in public places without a valid driving license.
To apply for driving license in India, the applicant has to submit the following documents to the RTO –
- Three passport size photographs
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate, Pan Card, Passport, etc)
- Address Proof (Voter ID, Ration Card, Aadhar, etc)
- Learner’s licence
- Application form 4
- Application form 5 in case of applying for a commercial driving licence
Steps to Check Status on Driving License
In order to check the Status on Driving License online follow these steps below –
- Step:-1 Visit the official website of Parivaha Sewa.
- Step:-2 Under Online Services tab select “Driving License Related Services” option
- Step:-3 Select the state from which you want to apply.
- Step:-4 Click on the “Application Status“ tab present at the top-right.
- Step:-5 Now enter your application number & date of birth and complete the Captcha.
- Step:-6 Now click on Submit button.
- Step:-7 You will see the status of your driving licence application on the screen.