WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme: The government of West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has launched a government scheme, Kanyashree Prakalpa (KP) in 2012 for adolescent girls aged 13-19 years. According to the scheme, girls will get a two-tier scholarship of an annual Rs.500/- for continuing their education (K1) and a one-time payment of Rs. 25,000/- on completion of 18, conditional upon the girl remaining unmarried and continuing their education till that age (K2).
The main purpose of the WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme is to promote secondary education among females and to stop the marriage of girls before the official age of 18. The main aim of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the girls who belong to poor families so that they can pursue higher education and stop the untimely marriage of girls. It has been given international recognition by the United Nations Department of International Development and UNICEF.
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
|Scheme Name||Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme|
|Organization||Government of West Bengal|
|Founded By||Mamata Banerjee|
|Released Date||8th March 2013|
Statistics of the WB Kanyashree Prakalpa
|One time grant||228314||217462|
WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme: Eligibility
- First, the applicants must be permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Second, applicants must be between 13 to 18 years old.
- Third, applicants should have to enroll in class 8 to 12 or equivalent.
- The annual income of the family must be Rs 1,20,000 or less
- The girls who are in below 8th class can also apply for Kanyashree Prakalpa.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme: Benefits
- Under WB Kanyashree Prakalpa, girls will get financial help in order to finance their education.
- The purpose of the scheme is to promote secondary education among females.
- The aim of the scheme is to stop the marriage of girls before the official age of 18.
- According to the scheme, girls will get an annual Rs.500/- scholarship for continuing their education (K1).
- According to the scheme, girls will get a one-time payment of Rs. 25,000/- on completion of 18 (K2).
West Bengal KP Important Documents
- Aadhar card
- Birth certificate
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Residence certificate
- Educational certificates
- Bank account details
- Passport size photograph
- Statement declaring you are unmarried
How to Apply For WB Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme?
- First, you need to collect the application form from the institution.
- Second, now fill in the application form carefully with your details.
- Third, attatcehed your required documents with the application.
- Fourth, submit the application form to the institution you reading in.
- Finall, institution will provide you an acknowledgement slip, contains your form number, name, and other important details.